In this post I will continue talking about the creation of the alleyway set. In my last post I showed how the basic wall structure and brick effect was made. Now I'll show how I added more details and finishing touches.
LINK ). The spray paint gives a great stone texture and is much quicker than trying to create the effect by hand.
The picture above shows how the shoot opens. The stone frame for the shoot was made from funky foam in a similar way to the door. The only difference is the green corner sections that were sprayed with a different texture spray.
GARBAGELINK. These will help to dress the set and make things look more interesting. Because these are background items, I didn't want to spend too much time making them.
Another alternative would be to power the light off the mains using a dc power adapter with the correct voltage. I've done this before to power the headlights of the truck in STUMPED.
The round cover for the bulb is made from a ping pong ball. The bulb fits through a hole in the top. The sphere and bulb are supported by aluminium wire and a milliput wall mount. (both painted black)
The electrical wiring runs along the aluminum wire and through the wall to the battery. The on/off switch is located on the right hand side of the wall to give me easy access while animating.
Above you can see all the parts assembled together. The door and mail shoot have text painted onto them using a stencil.
One of the final details to be added to this wall are some Theatre posters. Josh designed some nice little posters using some images of my Elle puppet. Above are the poster frames made from balsa wood.
Finally the balsa frames were painted red and the posters were stuck in place. these will be placed on the wall in the alleyway and in other locations around the theatre.
Recently I've been making new armatures for both the Elle (Actress) and Roy (Mail Man) puppets.
There's nothing wrong with the aluminium wire armatures that they currently have, but now that I've got a little more spare time, I've been getting creative and done something that I've wanted to do for a long time. So stay tuned to see how I've made full steel ball and socket armatures.