Monday 24 January 2011

Character Design

I will be designing the actress character for my new film while Josh designs the Mail man.
Early on we agreed The actress would be slender, blond and glamorous.
Below are a few initial drawings that we did to give us a rough idea of what the character will be like.
After doing some initial sketches i moved onto creating a 1:1 scale Marquette sculpted in plasticine. I find it easier to design characters by sculpting them in three dimensions. Doing this helps me see how the character looks when photographed and will help later on when building the puppet.

I started by sculpting a test for the head which can be see in the background of the first picture. The softness of the aluminium wire armature allowed me to keep tweaking the pose as I worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment